Oops (bad and good)

Didn't make my weekly goal last week, but I think that's for the best, I have to step back a bit, maybe cross train a little just to take the pressure off my shins. Honestly, sunday, I ran and felt great, except for my lower legs. They were MAD. I think I was just trying to push too hard, I want to run my home run (3.8 miles, 220ft of elevation) faster than 10 minutes/ mile. I did at the beginning of the week, so I wanted to again, but honestly, I think that was just a heavy push and my body suffered for it for the rest of the week. I knew I was pushing. I'm going to keep running but try to take it easy this week. Put down miles, but not worry about time, and try to get back on the trails. I don't have these issues so much on trail. Good news though: my left ankle stopped hurting, so that's something! And I can train through pain decent enough, but I don't want to perpetually be over-training only to get hurt. If I am going to over-do it, I'd rather wait till I try that there half trail marathon at the end of April. It is a month out and I am getting within striking distance of a half marathon distance. I'm going to start doing more long runs with more elevation to get ready.

Other good news, I've lost ~7ish lbs in the last month or so. That's good. I need to keep it up. I am tired of being so big, it just gets in the way all the time and holds me back from a lot. But I need to recognize that the weight is coming off, slowly but surely. 1-2lbs a week or so.

Overall, I am looking forward to getting out again. I was kinda in a low spot lately but motivation is coming back ever so slowly. I guess that's just how it goes. If I can stop myself from getting derailed in my lows, I can push through to the better times instead of ending up pizza-training again. Only pizza-training I wanna do is training hard enough to justify an entire pizza... not sitting on the couch eating them all to myself again.

Kind of an update for the sake of updates, but that's what this is for. Training sucks sometimes. Training rules sometimes. Some days are just slower than others, Some days it just hurts, and some days you just fly. Looking forward to getting back out after a bit of a rest. I want to hit a trail again. Trails rule, roads are less fun, but also more available. I need to stop getting ideas of what training "should be" and just let it be what it is, stop always pushing for numbers, and listen to my body. Oh well, learn as ya go.

Comments

Popular Posts